Gravel in 40kg bag € 4.90
Cement in 25kg bag €6.50
HOW MUCH CONCRETE WILL I NEED PER POST HOLE
It depends on the size and depth of the holes. Normally holes dug by hand use approximately 2 bags of gravel & 1/3 of a bag of cement.
Or 6 bags of gravel and a 1 bag of cement should do 3 post holes.
GUIDE FOR HOW TO MIX CONCRETE BY HAND
MAKING CONCRETE FOR AROUND THE SUPPORT POSTS
Mix with shovel or concrete mixer at a ratio of approximately 6 to 1.
6 Gravel to 1 cement.
Start by mixing the dry gravel and cement, turn over and over with the shovel until it’s well mixed. Then add water a little at a time, while turning the material over and over using the minimum amount of water possible while still keeping the mixture workable.
The less water the stronger the finished product will be.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- As with all cement -based materials and products, care must be taken to avoid contact with the skin.
- Wear protective clothing.
- Avoid breathing-in cement dust - wear a face mask.
- If it comes into contact with the skin, immediately wash it off with plenty of water.
- If concrete splashes into the eyes, flush out with water and seek medical attention immediately.